Posted by Amy 1 comments

Spring is finally here! I decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and the extra hour of sunlight today and spend some time in the garden. I spent over four hours pruning and trimming. I was happy to discover that only a handful of our plants died from the freezing temperatures.


I recently learned that you should clean your pruning shears after you prune each plant or tree to prevent the spread of diseases. I dipped my tools in a bleach/water solution and then rinsed them with water before moving on to the next plant. Some suggest to clean your shears after every cut, but I just cleaned them after pruning each type of plant.

After seeing so much brown in our garden, it was nice to see new growth on plants. Here are a few signs of spring that I discovered in our yard today:

Our Drake Elm trees have new growth.


Our Camellia should bloom any day now.


Our lime tree is finally starting to produce fruit!


If you don't have spring weather yet, I hope that it arrives soon so you can start enjoying your garden again.

Categories: ,

1 Response

  1. Anonymous says:

    Beautiful photos! I've been dabbling in vegetable gardening for a couple of years and hope to take on landscape gardening as well. Would love to xeriscape the whole yard but my HOA probably won't let me....
    Can't wait to learn from you!

Post a Comment

Subscribe to My Blog

Subscribe Here